Thursday, 27 October 2011
2. Mix 3/4 cup of sugar and 1/3 cup of melted butter into a bowl.
3. Add 1/2 a cup of milk and 2 eggs.
4. Next add 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg, plus 1 and 1/2 cups of self-raising flour.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes at roughly 190 degrees. The mixture gave us 12 good sized muffins.
6. Decorate them if they last that long!
Super yum recipe for getting a little bit more from your pumpkin carving, whether you're celebrating Samhain or All Souls, or just getting in on a bit of Halloween fun. My kids loved these muffins so we'll be making some more for next year (and the recipe is a good practical way to start working with fractions too!).