Tuesday 31 January 2012

Seed Pictures

Once again I've had a bit of a blogging lapse. I wanted to get some photo's of the finished product before I wrote this post but I just kept forgetting. So here it is anyway!
This kept the boys attention for an astonishingly long time, all things considers.
I gave them lots of different seeds (note to anybody wanting to give this a go: some seeds all look exactly the same. E.g radish, brocolli, cabbage - anything in the brassica family) glue and the outline of the word 'spring' to work with.

Great as an early literacy activity, sensory activity or just the oppurtunity to have a chat about what is going to happen to all those little seeds in the spring.
This is one area that Lamb is ready to go further with. He is generally behind where the 'normal' child should be, but his knowledge of plant processes is one of his strong points. That's my boy!
Moo is now ready to start learning the basics, but we'll approach that when the weather gets a bit warmer and things are actually growing.
(And yes, those are PJ's you can spy there).

Last week we also started focusing on money.
Which meant a lot of playing shop.

This is the face of someone who has had to let their brother take a turn at being cashier! :-)
Now when I figure how to get photos from my phone to the computer I'll be able to catch up with some of the other stuff we've been getting up to as well.
We've just started Lamb's requested topic on planes - should be a ball!

No comments: