Wednesday 9 November 2011

Sewing poppies

Now I'm not great at taking photo's but I'm sure you get the idea!
Yesterday we used some Binkamat sheets (which are fantastic by the way!) to sew some simple lines onto our poppies and talked about why we buy poppies in November. The poppy you can see in the picture is Moo's - not bad for 3 years old I think :) He was really getting the hang of it, but decided to call it a day half way round the second line I had drawn on to the poppy for him.
We also watched some programs about our skin and the boys drew pictures of what they had learnt. In Lamb's own words: Skin helps me. Keeps out water and germs. Holds in belly, food and heart.
Heehee, I just love that last sentance!

And here are the stained-glass autumn leaves we made the other day.

No comments: